We're busily resurrecting There and are currently open to all 18+, unbanned, Avatars (old or new).
-Team Phoenix, There.com
Mini Cluster Status Block
Frequently Asked Questions
Please Read This
Welcome Home! We missed you!
* If you need to contact us, for any reason, the proper email address to use is "firstname.lastname@example.org" (please include your avatar name in the body of all communications, thanks!)
* If you need to resurrect an avatar from 'old There,' please read the "Got Questions? Get Answers!" FAQ on www.there.com
* The Peer Review system is up and running, which brings the Developer Submissions program fully back online. If you would like to be a Developer or Reviewer, just join the Developer Program!
* We have added a searchable help system, seeded with all the old help articles resurrected from 'Fuze'. Most ThereCentral pages have a 'search widget' at the top right. Just select 'Help' from the drop down and enter the terms you would like to search for.
* If you were the landlord of a hood in Old There that you would like to have restored, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject "I am a returning landlord, ready to have my hood restored" and include your landlord avatar name and anything else you think might help us know which hood you meant.
* Subscriptions or Trials are required before your avatar can log in. If you don't have one, you will be challenged at login. If your popup-blocker prevents the subscription page from appearing, try this link: http://webapps.prod.there.com/banker/banker?subs=1
If you need to cancel a subscription, please use the "Recurring Payments" interface of your PayPal account. The recurring payment will have the name: "Monthly subscription for there.com avatar 'theAvatarName'"
Canceling a subscription does NOT delete your avatar, it just prevents it from logging in (to 3D) after the remaining time expires. If you decide to 'take a break' you should pick up pazes and relinquish rentals (which otherwise will continue to use up rent while you're away).
We now offer "Low Cost Trials" where you a few days in the 3D world for a trial payment of 50 cents.
* Please refrain from dropping large numbers of vehicles (if you're not planning on driving them around, that is), we periodically force put-away these idle vehicles, so you will be unable to have 'car lots' at this time.
* We have turned on the "Low Cost Trial" program. While not a FREE trial, it requires a one-time fee of 50 cents (to validate the PayPal account you would need for a subscription) in return for which you get several days as a 'basic' member. Basic members are the same as in Old There, except they now get Music and The Explorer kit (but still no Voice). Trials are registered to your PayPal account, and a given PayPal account can only have a limited number of Avatar trials.
* As a new submission reviewer, you can now investigate the 'figLeaf' requirement by using Chrome to read the review pages. Support for other HTML5 browsers will come later.
* The new Developer rules allow a certain amount of non-hateful profanity on clothing. If you see something you would rather not see, just ignore the avatar and their clothing will change to something inoffensive. If you then un-ignore them their speech will return, but their clothing will remain inoffensive (until they leave and return).
* The center of Zephyr is now a 'sacred area', ensuring uninterrupted paintball and vehicles. Pazes may still be placed 'around the edges of' this sacred area. There is no 50m buffer zone requirement in this area.
* The rules for flying now allow flying over pretty much everything in the world, so long as you stay above the terrain by 80 meters or so.
* The B.A.B.S. transit system has been restored.
* Legacy developer submissions (items submitted and approved in Old There) can be migrated to new There. If you were a developer in old There, all you need to do is recreate your avatar in New There and then have it re-join the Developer Program. Submissions are migrated on Mondays.
* We have turned off the Rental Reservation System. All UN-RENTED FunZones have reverted to company ownership and been made available for 3rd party hosting. All UN-RENTED Houses are available for rental on a first come, first served basis.
* We added a "Claim Possessions" tool (it's on your profile/member info) which lets you claim the possessions of any old There.com avatars you had, (but that you don't want to re-create and pay the monthly fee for). Note: you can EITHER recreate an Old Avatar OR claim its possessions. You cannot do both.
* We continue to add servers as the money rolls in. Currently we are operating 28 terrain servers and maintaining 30 steps per second on all of them. (That's 840 steps per second!)
* We have a 'Gift Subscription' feature (so if $10 is a life-burden, you might be able to get a gift subscription from a friend who previously used a $10 bill to light his special monthly cigar.) A link to this can be found on ThereCentral, and on your Avatar profile "Member Info" tab.
* The Developer Submission system has been fully resurrected, but now with 'peer review.'
* Developers may now list their new item sales for purchase by ThereBux, USD, or both. USD Sales are handled entirely by PayPal, with the buyer sending money to the seller (and the seller sending the wholesale cost to Makena) as part of a PayPal "Adaptive Chained Payment for Digital Goods". Developers need only configure their Developer Profile with the PayPal account to receive the income, and then check the 'USD' box when listing their sale. You will probably want a PayPal 'merchant' account, set to accept 'micropayments' to keep the PayPal fees as low as possible. NOTE: jinXplorer does not know how to list a sale for USD.
Please continue to send all bug reports to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' with as much info as you can provide, including screenshots where appropriate. ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR AVATAR NAME, PLEASE.
And thanks again for coming back!
- Team Phoenix, There.com
ThereIM, our lightweight chat client, doesn't require the same set of servers as the There world does.
It is currently available without a loginlimit to all re-created legacy avatars (i.e. You had an avatar on 'old' there, and have gone through the steps to recreate it on 'new' there.)
If you have not yet re-created your avatar, please visit www.there.com and click the "Invite me now!" link in the lower left.